Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The doors of peace open only with the key of trust


Irrespective of what happened to you yesterday, irrespective of what you did to the world or what the world did to you, irrespective of anything and everything, you have to wake up every morning and trust this world all over again. I know it is easier said than done, but you don’t have a choice – just don’t have another choice – because your peace is entwined with your trust. Without trust, there is no peace. Distrust leaves you distressed.


In the thousands of time that you may use public transport, your wallet may be picked a couple of times at the most. Even when you don’t trust the world and check your wallet and check your wallet every few minutes, some competent, professional thief will get better of you and pick your pocket some day… but it would have cost you a million opportunities to be peaceful otherwise. The eyes that see every co-passenger as a potential thief would have ruined your peace thousands of times, while trusting the world would have made every journey peaceful. Be wise and not otherwise.


A Nathuram Godse may get his way through, but in seeing everyone as a potential Godse you will miss a million Gandhians. Not worth it. In search of on Osama, you will have to doubt every noble heart. Not worth it.


One employee may betray your trust. Still trust the rest. A key relationship may take your goodness to be your weakness, and your trust might be exploited. Wake up another morning and start trusting all over again. I may sound naïve, but I’m showing you the gates of peace, which open only with the keys of trust.


If peace is what you seek, even if you were cheated yesterday, then you don’t have another choice but to wake up the next morning and trust this world all over again. Whenever I have been cheated or betrayed or hurt, I have always told myself, “Thank God that I was cheated but I was not the cheat; I was betrayed, but I didn’t betray; I was hurt, but I dint hurt. Let me suffer the wrong but never inflict the wrong.


Let us assume every morning that the world will be trustworthy from today. The world will live up to our trust a zillion times and let us down a few hundred times. The odds are tremendously in our favor. Let the heart tilt in the direction of trust.


There is only one way to peace – T.R.U.S.T

No comments:

Post a Comment